You know your Hochdeutsche Mundarten from your Plattdeutsch. You love to party in Berlin but chill out in Bavaria. You can spot a missing umlaut from across a crowded room. Your affection for languages is exceeded only by your love of your mother’s Apfelkuchen.
Our client is looking for a German language Subeditor, who is also fluent in at least one other language, to join their translations team. You’ll bring bright ideas and top-notch standards to the portfolio of iGaming websites.
- Take ownership of copy, proofread and edit translated content (casino and slot reviews, game guides, legislation, evergreen and sports content)
- Ensuring copy is engaging, error-free and written to a specific brief, with the best possible standards before publication
- Collaborate with SEO team to ensure content is keyword focused and SEO optimised (training will be given)
- Adhere to and update our extensive style guides/briefs
- Handle copywriter queries, passing on briefs and style rulings and maintaining good relationships with freelancers, offering feedback on edited work
- Assist the freelance localisation team in creating copy when needed
- Professional experience (minimum one year) of editing/proofreading documents
- Native level of German language skills and fluent in English
- Fluent in at least one of the following languages: Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Italian, Spanish
- Ability to apply original thinking and creativity to improve and enhance the QA processes
- Keen eye for detail
- Understanding of SEO
- Understanding of Computer Aided Translation tools, Translation Management Systems, term banks
- Experience in online gaming